Re: Fire - no matter?

> Information arises and disappears today (almost?) without cause. This is
like
> Aristotle's symbebekota: the accidental, the occurrences subject to no
principle
> (_arche_ as dominating point of origin). Because the deluge of
information can
> no longer (could it ever?) be gathered into the limits of knowledge, it
> resembles more and more a flow of accidents or incidents, a
differenceless
> stream. The "blur" to which you refer could perhaps be the self-consuming
of
> beings in their being.
>
> Nihilism is not making any difference.

Hey man, don't believe the hype.

There are ways to make a difference other than getting all apocalyptic!

P.S. I like Joe Sachs' translation of kata sumbebekos for Aristotle's
Physics: "incidental". As he says, "The word 'accidental' is appropriate to
some, but not all, incidental things. It is not accidental that the
housebuilder is a flute player, but it is incidental."

Chris Morrissey
More C Communications Inc.
a Microsoft Solution Provider
http://www.moreC.com voice or fax 604.877.7731