Re: Correct or true?

> The task of thinking (if not of philosophy) is to
> call the 'correct' into question, in order to let the essence of truth
> (which is also the truth of essence) come forth, such that thinking can
> render more explicit the truth which has (always already) appropriated
it.

> The more suspicious amongst us might argue that Heidegger says 'correct'
> with a sneer, in a pejorative tone of voice; this, I think, is a
> misunderstanding.

How does this essence of truth come forth with thinking's help?
How can thinking render appropriation more explicit?
In the end it is a mystery. The mystery is open, but not open to thought.
The mystery gives itself, but what is this other than charis, grace?

I agree with you that the pejorative tone is a misunderstanding. But the
tone is there as pejorative quite often in Heidegger, however unwilling. It
goes with the polemics. No doubt we have to listen to Heidegger so that he
sounds more Heideggerish than Heidegger. (More Greek than the Greeks.)

> Coming out from under the deluge of Mr. Morrissey's posts...
> Addendum: Mr. Morrissey: so far you've declared that Heidegger is wrong
> about truth, the history of being, time, and the Nothing. Is there
anything
> left?

Sure, but that's probably enough to start with! :-)

Sorry to drown you. I have Heidegger quotes with which I can start threads
on the four topics above. Shall I hold back and save 'em for a rainy day?

Chris Morrissey
More C Communications Inc.
a Microsoft Solution Provider
http://www.moreC.com voice or fax 604.877.7731