Re: Zollikon: Unconscious

> Gulio, the passage in "The principle of reason", where he looks back
> upon "The essence of ground" (and implicitly GA26) is revealing now.
> As he says in the Heraclit seminar, he was close to something, but
> 'truth' (Wesen der Wahrheit) came in between. Das Freie/the free, or
> das Offene, the open, has to do with the Lichtung.
>
> Is Lichtung/clearing a metaphor?
>
> I also took a random look in Nietzsche, my vol. 1: The ER and freedom.
> (after the 1881/82 notes) Although it doesn't touch Heidegger's
> preoccupation with ground/freedom directly , it is very revealing as to
> the width of its impact. Compare also the overpowering of the sky,
> the kosmos, in Aristoteles. The eternal circling of the stars and the ER.

Hi Rene,

Sorry, haven't checked my email since I wrote to Michael a while back.
Expected to get back to some hard thinking but got only an "I don't
really know how to go on" response.

I'm not sure what this metaphor thread is up to. I think I understand a
"representation"; or how poetry can be philosophical so that by analogy (?)
a sail boat on the seas can be 'intentional aims' for example. If we look at
the primordial meaning we also have something like a transcendental vehicle,
an ecstatic transport so to speak, a shaking digression, a swerve?

Isn't the Lichtung associated with a lighting flash? Is this a question
of a Eureka! kind of experience? You know like when Wittengstein tries to
'understand' the nature of 'knowing' something like a formula, or a piece of
music.
At some point you just know how to go on...

Paul Valery wrote an essay called Eureka which tries to get at this moment.

I think the ancient idea of kosmos is probably close to Heidegger's world
and
freedom.

Gulio