Van: owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Namens
GEVANS613@xxxxxxx
Verzonden: woensdag 9 juni 2004 11:39
Aan: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: The Temporality of Fear

We know by now that Jud doesn't like Heidegger. It may
be more profitable, again, to discuss the texts.

Heidegger said,

"The temporality of fear is a forgetting which awaits
and makes present."

Sein u. Zeit, H. 342, trans. Macquarrie & Robinson.

What did Heidegger mean by that?

John Harvey

Jud:
Hi John,
Perhaps this was his way of signalling a feeling of pressure or discomfort
in his mesial temporal structures, and flagging-up the expectation of one of
his funny turns?
It is otherwise difficult to guess why any grown man would reify the mental
activity of fear and forgetting into some bizarre quasi-object which is
capable of lurking around like Jinxy waiting for an opportunity to make itself
present?
Surely nobody in their right mind would take this beginner's psychology
rubbish seriously? The man was obviously an utter loony, but endowed with an
Asbergian genius for producing a phraseology which attracts the naive. In other
words, like Tony Blair and Bomber Bush over the Iraq affair, he was a good
salesman of bad ideas.

Cheers,

Jud.

Nullius in Verba

_http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/index.htm_
(http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/index.htm)
JUD EVANS - XVANS XPERIENTIALISM

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---