Dasein as a Simple Mind

I went on a bikeride today and found myself in what seemed like an isolated, by itself patch of pristine Oh, maybe not pristine!) prairie. I stop and walk around feeling very much at home, as if somehow this were my prairie. But of course I could only feel that (i think) because I recognized almost immediately that this was simply prairie, in almost a universal sense, at least in the experience of it. It could be anywhere in the world, and I could by anybody in the world. The experience of it is, potentially at least, the same. In this case, as I described.

It was what one (even, perhaps especially the late, lamented Ronnie) might call a "perfect moment." (Notice the indefinite article). What should I do? . . . Proof that time trumps being. As if I didn't already know.

Allen ( Back to the bar)