RE: the embryo as principle

z ats casa

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Namens Kenneth
Johnson
Verzonden: dinsdag 13 juli 2004 21:57
Aan: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: RE: the embryo as principle

Rene wrote:

>I'm not going to destroy what i consider as dangerous as excusing
>Abu Ghreib by pointing at 'torturing' doves, but merely point to a
>more hidden, but FATAL, misinterpretation of Heidegger's comparison
>of Dasein's and animal's world, in GA29/30, the thick book on METAPHYSICS.
>What can be easily seen elsewhere in H's works is clear: animal and man
>are not to be confounded. But that is precisely what Capurro is doing,
>and that is what he reports as Heidegger's contribution, to the European
>Ethics Summit Conference.
>
>I don't give a damn really, they're all liars. But you, serious Heidegger
>readers, could be led astray.
>
>rene

we are the man animal, no?

Amidst everything else that exists, we're the man animal, yes.
But as those who have a unique relation to everything - to ourselves and
other- , we're clearly not the man animal, but something un(der)determined:
a question sign.

and deeper down inside this, every living thing is one thing, Life as force,
a very unique force, the only force with a very slight potential to break
through all the blackening out logos shrouds which the self-blinkered
self-decepted formed hoards of blinded by the light religion 'truth'
fantasizering it is written forces hide themselves from themselves with.

All right, but how then got life so alienated from itself, and what is the
possible sense of such alienation? Does it lie in a return to itself as
itself? If yes, aren't we still in Hegelian waters, in the cage of
subjectivity? It's not that i say i'm not in there, on the contrary:
as a man animal i'm in there. But the more i realize that, the more i want to
see the whole of the constellation. which it is an illusion to think can be
changed or created or represented by an agent. First we have chased God out
of the evolution, only to play the role ourselves? I don't think that's what
Nietzsche meant with the trans-man. Since Nietzsche, 'life', like everything
exposed to the dying breath of objectivity, has suffered too. Besides,
a technology overcoming decadence, is just more decadence, no?

Ah, there's Jan with the radium. They even destroy the chances to remain
faithful to the earth. THAT's what they're after: the destruction of the earth.
There can be no world then.

rene

kenneth

  • RE: the embryo as principle