[fyi] Radiation in Iraq

Radiation in Iraq equals 250,000 Nagasaki bombs

By Bob Nichols <bobnichols@xxxxxxx>

July 13, 2004. As a writer I do not have a set of
words to describe what 142 degrees in the shade is
like. I've seen 120 degrees in Phoenix and 110
degrees in the spa's sauna I use. One hundred
forty-two degrees leaves me speechless. Try to
imagine 142 D temperature while wearing a helmet,
long sleeve shirt, long pants, a bulletproof vest,
boots, and carrying a 70-pound pack. ..........

But, this story is not about the temperature in
Iraq. You can bet, though, the weather will be
really important for those Americans unfortunate
enough to still be in Iraq this summer. This story
is about American weapons built with uranium
components for the business end of things. Just
about all American bullets, tank shells, missiles,
dumb bombs, smart bombs, 500 and 2,000-pound
bombs, cruise missiles, and anything else
engineered to help our side in the war of us
against them has uranium in it. Lots of uranium.
In the case of a cruise missile, as much as 800
pounds of the stuff. This article is about how
much radioactive uranium our guys, representing
us, the citizens of the United States, let fly in
Iraq. Turns out they used about 4,000,000 pounds
of the stuff, give or take, according to the
Pentagon and the United Nations. That is a bunch.
Now, most people have no idea how much Four
Million Pounds of anything is, much less of
uranium oxide dust (UOD), which this stuff turns
into when it is shot or exploded. Suffice it to
say it is about equal to 1,333 cars that weigh
3,000 pounds apiece. That is a lot of cars; but we
can imagine what a parking lot with 1,333 is like.
The point is this was and is an industrial
strength operation. It is still going on, too. No
sir-ee, putting Four Million Pounds of Radioactive
Uranium Dust (RUD) on the ground in Iraq was a
definitely "on-purpose" kind of thing. It was not
"just an accident." We, the citizens of the United
States, through our kids in the Army, did this on
purpose. When the uranium bullets, missiles, or
bombs hit something or explode most of the
radioactive uranium turns instantly into very,
very small dust particles, too fine to even see
(they call it: uranium oxide, that's the really
bad stuff). When US troops or Iraqis breathe even
a tiny amount into their lungs, as little as one
gram, it is the same as getting an X-Ray every
hour for the rest of their shortened life. The
uranium cannot be removed, there is no treatment,
there is no cure. The uranium will long outlast
the veterans' and the Iraqis' bodies though; for,
you see, it lasts virtually forever. But, it gets
worse. Seems an admiral who is the former chief of
the naval staff of India wanted to know how much
radiation this represented. He also wanted to
express the amount in a figure that the world,
especially the non-American world, could easily
understand. The admiral decided to figure out how
many Nagasaki plutonium bombs it would take to
include the equivalent of the total amount of
radiation deployed in Iraq in 2003 in the Four
Million Pounds of uranium. The admiral also wanted
to figure out how much radiation the United States
Military Forces have deployed in the last five
American wars, the so-called Five Nuclear
Radiation Wars. That is a simple enough task for
somebody like the naval chief of staff for a
country that is a member of the Nuclear Club.
Using the Nagasaki bomb for the measuring stick is
a particularly gruesome twist, though. For those
of you in the States who do not know it, United
States military forces dropped two nuclear bombs
on Japan at the close of World War II. The rest of
the world remembers that. One atom bomb was
dropped by Americans on the city of Hiroshima, the
other bomb on the city of Nagasaki three days
later. About 170,000 to 250,000 people were
vaporized or incinerated immediately. It was a
really big deal. It is a measuring stick that
plays very well in the rest of the world; but, not
very well on American Fox News (Fair & Balanced)©
channel or the rest of the Fox-like American
media. The Department of Energy still lists the
Hiroshima and Nagasaki detonations as "tests". The
admiral released the data months ago at a
scientific conference in India. This article is
the first report of the data in the United States.
It will first be released on the Internet. The
admiral in India calculated the amount of
radiation in the Nagasaki bomb and compared it
with the number in the 4,000,000 pounds of uranium
left in Iraq from the 2003 war. Now, believe me,
it is a lot more complex than that; but, that is
essentially what the experts in India did. How
many Nagasaki bombs equal the radiation in the
2003 Iraq war? Answer: about 250,000 Nagasaki
bombs. How many Nagasaki bombs equal the radiation
in the last Five American Nuclear Radiation Wars?
Answer: about 400,000 Nagasaki bombs. Who would do
something like this? We would. The only people in
the history of the world to engage in nuclear wars
are Americans, citizens of the United States.
Allegedly, the Germans and Japanese of WWII also
wanted to engage in nuclear wars, except the
American military beat them to the draw, so to
speak. Respected academic scholars could debate
forever whether or not Herr Hitler, Fuhrer of
Germany, would have deployed uranium munitions in
the Sudetenland if the weapons had been available.
Certainly the Germans knew just as much about
uranium wars as we did at the time. It seems
doubtful that Adolph Hitler would have ordered the
use of uranium munitions there because the
Sudetenland was so close to the Fatherland, Nazi
Germany. An American general named Leslie Groves
was in charge of the bomb making operation called
The Manhattan Project. In 1943 The War Department
knew exactly what uranium bullets and bombs were
good for. If the nuclear weapons did not detonate
in Japan, the use of uranium bullets and bombs
were the fall back position. It was not 'til
Ronald Reagan was president in 1981 did the
re-named Defense Department resurrect the deadly
radioactive uranium bullets, shells, bombs, and
missiles. No wonder his popular nick-name was
Ronnie Ray-Gun. The American military knew the
symptoms of radiation poisoning in 1943, too;
starting with the irritated sore throat through to
an agonizing death from being cooked from the
inside out. President sic Bush promised to invade
and attack many countries in the 2003 State of the
Union speech. I believe the man. For some reason,
some misguided Americans do not believe him, or
think he was "exaggerating." The rest of the world
has every reason to believe him and fear him,
though. Not to worry, Americans, the president sic
has plenty of raw material for radioactive uranium
munitions left. There are more than 77,000 tons
stored at the 103 nuclear waste plants and a
stunning 1.5 billion pounds at the several nuclear
weapons labs and related facilities in the US.
Each nuke waste generating plant makes another 250
pounds of radioactive material a day for
radioactive bullets, shells, bombs, and missiles.
Not to put too fine a point on it; but that is
enough for 288 more gloriously successful
campaigns like the 2003 Nuclear Radiation War in
Iraq. Who's next? Every year about this time the
southern winds leave a fine desert sand on the
windshields of cars parked outside in Africa then
Continental Europe and Britain. Soon this sand
dust will carry a surprise. Thanks to the
Americans. Thanks to us. We did this to the world.
And, we wonder why they hate and despise us so.
These uranium weapons' indiscriminate killing
effect gives a whole new meaning to the age old
term: cannon fodder. In Iraq, what goes around,
comes around. If not the uranium munitions
themselves, the uranium dust will be in the bodies
of our returning armed forces, time bombs slowly
ticking away the lives of the gullible and the
ignorant with their very own personal internal
radiation source, the cannon fodder of the 21st
Century American Nuclear Radiation Wars. .......

  • Re: [fyi] Radiation in Iraq