two matters

Matter One

I tried to open the post from Gary Moore, but before I could read it I had to respond to the following forced response situation: " Sender has requested notification that you have seen this," and then the box-to-click: "Notify Sender," which led to whole slew of thoughts about who, why, how etc. Of course I refused to be party to this scam to wantonly penetrate by my cyber-privacy on this list. That is, nobody gets to know what I read or don't read, read and throw away, read and compose reply to but don't send. . .

I'm sure the endlessly decorous, and I agree, very much missed Mr. Moore is himself not responsible for this, so I'm writing to essentially warn/incite him and fellow listers " Let's smoke out this virus and bomb the hell out of it."

Allen in a Bushy mood.

Matter Two:

Head this "Heidegger's appropriation of Aristotle"

Reading recent piece by Stanley Rosen, reporting that Heidegger "over-read" and "misconstrued " Aristotle's notion that knowledge (the province of speculative thought)can be forgotten but phronesis cannot, because supposedly phronesis is re-newed in every situation where it is applied/understood(Gadamer). Another attempt by Heidegger to join the farmers on on the mountain, getting his know-how from the soil

According to Rosen, Aristotle leaves phronesis to the soil-that's bottoms soil, the most fertile-
'ontic" through and through. So Heidegger's ontological appropriation of phronesis is a wrongheaded self-justifying bit over-reading.

Wrong, I say. I think Rosen under-reads Aristotle and therefore misses the rigor and elegance
of Heidegger's most central learning-teaching out of Aristotle.

Best regards,

Allen

P.S. You don't have to read this if you don't want to.

  • Re: two matters
    • From: Gary C. Moore