Re: the list of the end?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bakker, R.B.M. de" <R.B.M.deBakker@xxxxxx>
To: <heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 7:21 AM
Subject: RE: the list of the end?

> -
> I feel more revolutionary than anyone. Any protagonist of radical
change
> should first ask: am *I*, are *WE* capable of revolution? The
responsibility
> is high enough. (Dasein=Mitsein)
>

> and that's the entire contribution of Heidegger to the German
revolution.
> first get to know: who are we?
> It's so simple: how ever, without this first, can one begin anything?
> Just on the basis of injustice? (Treaty of Versailles or Auschwitz)
> But THAT is incredibly dangerous, THAT is power and hybris.
> So: no program, no lies. Sofar we're nothing, but we want to work to
become
> something.
>
> or how do you think, did ever in man's history originate something
great?

> by proclamation?

Rene,
of course, i cling to my paltry labor theory of value, ...consider
history replete with "wonders" of man, ...technology, high art...and not
least, the struggle for the right, ...and consider it impious
(insouciance/hubris of the privileged) to disparage it for a neutering
being. to a significant degree through labor one learns, wins illumination,
and self.
apart form Power's perpetual method of reification, the notion of
anathematizing objectivation tout court seems to me a far gone essentialism.

bob

ps. sorry for the delay, ...my modem got fried in an electrical storm