half empty or half full?

>From: Kenneth Johnson <beeso@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: Heidegger List <heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Pindar
>Date: Wed, Sep 1, 2004, 9:12 pm
>

> O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the
> possible.
>
> -Pindar, Pythian iii
>

> thanks for keepin tryin Michael, despite it gits more and more like a hog
> wallow 'round here ever other day or so -
>
> regards,
>
> -k

thanks, ken'th, I'll in all prob keep trying because I like writing and
writing always assumes some kind of 'public' in its very writing (writing is
writing-to {and from}); it's a mitsein even if no-one responds or is even
reading; while I'm busy with paid (badly) work, I tend to write in the form
of (musically) antiponies (answering/repeating in another mode) and
antephonies (speaking alongside or be-sides or a-sides) -- it's quick and
assumes a call of some sort that might find an interesting focus.

but it does get exhausting at times... I'm being enlivened at the mo' by
reading Allen's remarkable book 'Being Jewish/Reading Heidegger' with which
later I shall attempt a dialogue whether anyone's concretely listening or
not (again because, like Allen, I find myself (philosophically) in writing
(to... from...) and the list provides an opportunity). Even if nothing
happens (no-one writes concretely) a dialogic space is opened/opening in
this environment, a tension, an eros, an awaiting, polemos...

regards

michaelP