From: Gary Moore <gottlos752004@xxxxxxxxx>
To: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: analytical-indicant-theory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TYMPAN/CALYPSO
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:25:59 -0700 (PDT)

To Tympan and/or Calypso,

Have either of ya'll read FROM NOVICE TO EXPERT: Excellence and Power in Clinical Nursing Practice by Patricia Brenner R. N., Phd., University of California School of Nursingt, (has web site under her name) Prentice-Hall Health, Commemorative edition, 2001 (1984)?

QUOTES:

1) . . . This work seeks to give public, accessible language to a hidden or marginalized practice (i. e., articulation research). v

2) This research demonstrates that practice is a way of knowing in its own right. v

3) Practices cannot be completely objectivied or formalized because they must ever be worked out anew in particular relationships and in real time. vi

4) Caring practices are based on meeting and responding to particular concrete others. vi

5) Practicing nurses develop both clinical knowledge and moral agency as they learn from their patients and families. vii

6) Experiential learning in high risk situations requires courage4 and supportive learning environments. vii

7) In developing a narrative account of experiential learning, the storyteller learns from the story. vii

8) Public storytelling among practioners makes ethical distinctions in clinical practice visible and available for evaluation. viii

9) Thus, stories create moral imagination even as they expose knowledge gaps and paradoxes. viii

10) Distinctions between technical procedural knowledge and clinical judgment or phronesis are evident in the nurses' exemplars that demonstrate clinical reasoning embedded in human relationships. viii

Does any one like this?

Does anyone want more?

Does it not sound very much like someone we all know and love who teaches at the University of California - Berkeley?

'Sincerely'

Gary C. Moore

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.

  • TYMPAN 2
    • From: Gary Moore