Re: The Philosopher King

Hi Allen, you wrote:

>Assuming for a moment that the book is a serious work of philosophy,
>the question is, what does having the book recognized at a certain level
>of 'public significance' have to do with its worth or value as philosophy.
>This question then quickly morphs back into what might just be a
>personal matter: Is my book worth anything as a serious work of
>philosophy?

It is, of course, as far as it is addressing a philosophical problem.

Not having read your book (yet), may i ask, what do you think the
main philosophical problem(s) is (are) that you've analysed in your
book ?

One of the revolutionary aspects of Heidegger is, i think, his claim
that (western i.e. greek etc.) science never can and will tell or reveal
us anything of what human-being (da-seyn) and his destiny really is.

Yet, if we want to believe and dare follow the line of thought of the
_Beitraege_, the only way out of this (scientific) illusion is a new
religion, the search for an originary and futural godhead.

Here we arrive at the ancient philosophical problem between the
truth of science and the truth of religion, i.e. the tension between
devine revelation and scientific knowledge. How would you place
the hermeneutics of a Jewish logos within this debate ?

yours,
Jan