Re: forgetting

a little tap on the tin drum: so europe persists, then, in thirty odd books?
[Nietzsche, approx.]; is that so bad? and perhps "history" IS "living in
the present" when living and history are thought otherwise, huh...

regards

mP

tymp:

> shadow citizens,
>
> I'm reading the last couple days posts and it's so heavy with nostalgia for
> what? A lost time that we know memory can never hold and so capitalized for
> some sort of position and a just one no doubt. The failure of memory is
> always brought to mind in these sort of nostalgic academic discussions
> against the erosion of time. Heidegger would be silent of course and would
> just point out the intimate proximity of a worlding world with a broad view
> open to all perspectives where the cool waters of a river constantly submits
> to the hardness of the earth. A river that irigates this little graden at
> the heart of Persephone with the truth of an image that operates like a
> joker in deck of cards, a blank domino, or the uncarved block of wood of a
> Lao Tzu. Very flexible to the whatever the occasion brings good or bad
> fortune is all the same. Memory is an attempt to prolonge the experience of
> time. It tries to freeze and fix that which flows into a picture with
> characters and events you can talk *about*. This is all important for
> writing a nice paper that shows how responsible you are to the public and
> how beautiful your heart is but time erodes everything and most people don't
> care about history and rightly so for life is lived in the present tense.
> Our garden of pleasure is here in this weaving turbulence of an intensity
> without duration, without a memory and cared for by a period that conceals
> everything. Life always starts here in the middle somewhere again and just
> goes on and doesn't stop arriving except when it is killed by some overly
> ambitous idea that would want to hold on to our past time. What stupid
> violence ideas and their points of views perpetuate. It's a shameful waste
> of a good mind and life to have ideas. Can anyone blame us for wanting to
> withdraw and remain in our little garden? Here is our final resting place
> where we cultivate real peace and pass no information that could shape a
> mind into a clear idea that could be worked into a point of view and a
> position which is the habit of blockheads, you know, those who are a little
> dense and slow. In a garden we relinquish all conceptual horizons and remain
> flexible so that we can respond well to whatever the occassion requires.
> This is what keeps us ordinary and local and without an inflated head
> articulating a people's memory and the substantive properties of their
> subjectivity. Plague of unconscious imperialists is what it is this
> prolongation of European nostalgia. I can't go on... it's disgusting....
>
> tympan

> Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft®
> SmartScreen Technology.

http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL