Re: forgetting

peep:

a little tap on the tin drum: so europe persists, then, in thirty odd books?
[Nietzsche, approx.]; is that so bad? and perhps "history" IS "living in
the present" when living and history are thought otherwise, huh...

It is a sympton of disease when history(conversations constructing a memory which supposedly is true) starts to operate like a court room drama. So the idea then is to come up with the ideal witness in order to present the exact facts of what happened in some past. This is why memory is such an important issue in the courts seeking to bringing down a judgement and punish a guilty agent. It's the work of an evil eye looking for the cause of suffering in historical facts . Suffering rather lies in the way we block the fluid exchange between ourselves and the environment that surrounds us. The subjective play of memory lost in the details of what might have happened in the past blocks the living experience of the present. People with real common sense don't care about academic discussions of historical details. The majority of us live in the moment. Anybody who starts to go on about some history is just stupid and boring. This is how common sense reacts to academic history. The history of how the blocking of our spontaneous flow from that which sorrounds us... that's something else and it involves the ability to see how conversation is defining perception through concepts operating like boxes catching the essence of real life in order to think about this or that. It's all a distraction of those who think that conversation and thinking aims at having a position on important issues that then show how good of a person you are and how good your point of view is. But real responsibility is to remain without a point of view and just so we can really adapt to whatever the moment requires without worrying if our actions are adequate to a plan which we have memorized. Real justice that makes real sense is in the making of this connection with our immediate surroundings. It is our local neighborhood that we forget when we 'enlighten' ourselves with a play of ideas that are taken to be historical facts of value.

tympan

MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling get-togethers. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.