riverrun

tympan recently gracefully communing with james:

> being
> in the open that shows a clearing or site that I like to name Persephone and
> is my little paradise with a garden of pleasure that I cultivate and a river
> that runs through her...

tympan, so strange this persephone of yours sounds so like the material
environs in which I delight, and a river runs through it too (nice film);
also the thing about gardening: to me the attending attentive (heideggerian)
gardener is the greatest artist, one who goes with the arriving and
departing and the a-whiling of presencing things in their own rhythms, their
own times, an attend dance with the fourfold... so much more in tune than
even the best music, although music can show, can display the play of
coming-to-be, of no-longer-staying, of lingering lovingly, so well. But the
gardener-carer takes the biscuit here. With a river running through it and
into the sea, the harbour that was a haven for the romans' first
staying-landing in england, a landscape of great vast skies... sandwich is a
persephonic site of primevil musics in the scapings of land. The infantile
tantrums of hateful vengeance are just mildly annoying noise in this magical
place (both sandwich and this list) and amount to less than zero in the
philosophical scheme of things.

regards

michaelP