Re: Get Rid of Them lies Quick!

James writes:

Interesting.

Lots of people from Latin America and Africa would just laugh and cry at these academic discussions on a philosopher's history. Their memories are fresh with genocidal policies. To put so much effort into persecuting one person is just stupid guilty vanity when you are really dealing with a traumatic memory that is global in scope.

Somewhat in relation to ethics in early Heidegger:
Also, what are your present views on being able to laugh at this?
Is it necessary? Not the vain philosophical crusades, but the
discourse in general? Philosophical debate seems to grow more impotent and severed from society due to technocracy and professional philosophizing.In order for ethical/moral/political/etc change to occur in the
fuzzy societal field do you think this requires more a combination of being within the system (as a philosopher, politician) perhaps or as just leaving it behind? Or some other method?
That is, if you are interested in doing anything thing as such.

Hi James,

lol... sometimes I think it's best to do nothing specially when I'm feeling really good and quite satisfied and at peace. I'm learning to let go of a methological progression of ideas and enjoy working with what remains undeveloped and simple. I know it sounds stupid and in this regard I am no different than most people here and in particular snake (Judes) who is mostly about irritating emotional noise that is closer to the level of dogs barking than to anything that might be construed as philosophical discourse. He is a dumbass. We all go through the flames of his acting out like you. It's almost a rite of passage around here. He is being pretty mild. It's nothing compared to what we have seen in the past. It's discourse become brutality but that's also part of online theatrics. I feel for you because you seem to take him way too seriously and so he touches you and makes you emotive. You are probably being more emotional than he really is. We are all a bit irritating actually but that's part of this list. We are all somewhat of dialectical agitators but that spurs this list on and sometimes leads to interesting revelations and good laughs. I try just to be myself and become more of who I am as I write and try to see what I could possibly mean by doing this... Isn't that following the oracle at Delphi? As far my 'method' well it's like this, concerned because folded in on itself and talking about itself and conversation in general. I pay attention more to the form or style than the content of conversations here always proposing a poetic philosophy of listening more that informing people about this or that as if it's all about passing on some historical data. Philosophy is clearly a listening skill more than it is debate sorting through ideas intending to aim at some object or goal that we are all supposed to agree about. When it is more of an attentiveness then it is less subjective or pure subjectivity and this precisely is what connectivity or relation means. Philosophical attention then as a relationship is a kind of node in a networked society and that's why it heals social bonds and is a being-with in being-in-theworld or in the worlding of the world. In Heidegger the ecstatis of temporalizing temporality or moment of vision is attentiveness, a being in the open that shows a clearing or site that I like to name Persephone and is my little paradise with a garden of pleasure that I cultivate and a river that runs through her...

regards,
tympan

James

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.

  • [fyi] Indymedia servers in UK seized by FBI ....