Re: Get Rid of Them lies Quick!

Interesting.

Lots of people from Latin America and Africa would just laugh and cry at these academic discussions on a philosopher's history. Their memories are fresh with genocidal policies. To put so much effort into persecuting one person is just stupid guilty vanity when you are really dealing with a traumatic memory that is global in scope.

Somewhat in relation to ethics in early Heidegger:
Also, what are your present views on being able to laugh at this?
Is it necessary? Not the vain philosophical crusades, but the
discourse in general? Philosophical debate seems to grow more impotent
and severed from society due to technocracy and professional philosophizing.
In order for ethical/moral/political/etc change to occur in the
fuzzy societal field do you think this requires more a combination of being
within the system (as a philosopher, politician) perhaps or as just leaving it
behind? Or some other method?
That is, if you are interested in doing anything thing as such.

James