RE: Get Rid of Them lies Quick!

Tympan,

It's not i that reduced Heidegger to history, but if that is
done - different motivation can lead to it -
the only thing left to be done is to straighten the lies,
that become inevitable once the silly job of turning AGAINST
Heidegger has been decided. Mostly it is the sole thing one is
capable of.
Very often it is sense of guilt, as in the Allied case. Most
rapers go on, no? Easier than facing what you're doing, esp.
when your bosses encourage and threaten you.

Hiroshima does not help, so much is clear from history. The
greed for more gigantic catastrophes is only growing, agents and
public are firmly sworn together.

Truth, it will be clear by now, is no longer a requisite in politics.
But consistency still is. Consistent telling, of truths or of lies,
that does not matter, although soon now the will to truth will be
treated as terrorism. Probably the requisite of consistency will be
limited to the time of a week, a day, a part of the day. And the
principles of non-contradiction and required ground can be annulled.

So it's not my aim to bring historical truths, but to show that
between the things and us is already 'history', and that the domain
of Dasein is only opened by lifting ('destruct') history, and that
means by lifting metaphysics, that becomes ever more nihilistic,
as long as this is left out. So, also history is not history -
cross the identity principle too - either it is an escape into the
classic, the unmeaning, OR the way to get free for things and people
around.

regards
rene

You enjoy this sort of discussion Rene, you always have. It's because you
are full of the details of what happened and who is what. These are the
times your knowledge shines. I was about to ask you if you knew what
Heidegger ate for breakfast. But seriously don't get me wrong, it's a good
thing we have you to put preassure on these persecuting lying threads. I
just wonder why Hiroshima would not be much more significant and worthwhile
for people to understand than one person's biography. Hiroshima is the
lesson of the limits of science and technological reason. People like Serres
tell us that living through Hiroshima was the wake up call for his
generation. It was the atomic bomb that concentrated many around the
question of the purpose of technological knowledge. The painful
confrontation is more general i think having to do with the experience of
oppression which doesn't have to come down to a purely subjective
discussion. Part of it has to do with the limit of what can be said in
language since horror is unspeakable much like love which makes all this
sort of uncanny. I assume I'm part of a trial and I have been ordered to
testify as a witness. I have done my part to bring out this approach to this
whole issue of what is surely a global problem and not confined to European
history. Lots of people from Latin America and Africa would just laugh and
cry at these academic discussions on a philosopher's history. Their memories
are fresh with genocidal policies. To put so much effort into persecuting
one person is just stupid guilty vanity when you are really dealing with a
traumatic memory that is global in scope. It's interesting to read some of
the literature on testifying in court, trauma and memory. What kind of
memory do you think that a body wounded by rape has? Here are the words of a
Muselmann from a book by Agamben called the _Remnants Of Ouchwitz_ "I
remember that after the move to the barrack, I completely collapsed as far
as my psychological life was concerned . The collapse took the following
form: I was overcome by a general apathy; nothing interested me; I no longer
reacted to either external or internal stimuli: I stopped washing, even when
there was water; I no longer even felt hungry.... (Feliksa Piekarska)." In
another book on trauma and testimony _The Limits of Autobiography_ Leigh
Gilmore writes that "...cultural memory, like individual memory, developes
characteristics and defensive amnesia with which those who have experience
trauma must contend." In another more popular book, _Close to the Bone_ Jean
Shinoda Bolen, M.D. writes about how life is turned upside down with the
diagnoses of a life-threatening illness. There is radical distinction in our
life's narrative that now has a *before* and an *after* diagnoses. She
writes that "Persephone is the innocent part of men and women, youngsters
and elders, who encounter Hades as the perpetrator of incest, rape, mugging,
betrayal, of a any unexpected and unforeseen act that shocks us into
awareness of our emotional or physical vulnerability... Illness is a descent
of the soul into the underworld." Becoming a Muselmann and surviving makes
you very humble I think. There is a kind of submission to circumstances that
makes one very flexible and open to whatever which is to say glad to be
alive and willing to enjoy life fully. There is nothing more invigorating
and vital than a close call of death. I'm not avoiding anything or trying to
hide pain behind objective historical frameworks totally disconnected from
everyday life and our common sense as people who suffer and overcome
suffering.

tympan

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology
first two months FREE*.