god gods not god but gods a god [god is not be-ing but is a being]

Dear Jud, in order not to have to go through arguments which, although I
could, would not be in my problematic to problematicise [sic], I shall keep
this response brief.

I think the Helga Zepp-LaRouche/Lehmann reference was unnecessary; your main
point seems to have been a doubled eureka moment concerning the 'discovery'
that Heidegger's notion of be-ing (and that changed throughout, but... never
mind such subtleties) was just a gloss for the artist formerly known as
"god". Firstly I am not at all convinced that either Helga Zepp-LaRouche or
Lehmann were simply arguing for this in the texts you have brought to
appearance; secondly, to identify be-ing with god or with anything at all,
with any being (material entity, idea, believable or unbelievable something,
etc, anything whatsoever) is precisely what the whole of Heidegger's
thinking is out to show is the very essence of the metaphysics he is trying
to deconstruct; the irony in 'discovering' this "god-being tie-up" is a
gob-smackingly oxymoronic turn that leaves me breathless and eye-wateringly
bellowing in hilarity if not in a faint close to deep unconsciousness (for
want of being distanced from such nonsense). The sky gods blue.

The theologians desperately want (like you) to find an identity between
Heidegger's be-ing and god, even an absent god, and, of course desperados
tend to fit everything unfitted together albeit uncomfortably; but does that
mean they have 'discovered' something? If I remember correctly from my
youthful scientific days, the way the neutrino was 'discovered' was by
symetricising the seemingly inbalanced equations that should have described
the behaviour of particles in some set of experiments; the 'bit' added on to
balance the equations and make them nice and symmetrical again represented a
'new' particle, with such and such properties, the neutrino. Thus the
ever-ongoing-neverending 'discovery' and proliferation of new subatomic
particles that were supposed to be the integral fundamental building blocks
of mattergy.

Nope, it simply won't do to simplistically identify be-ing with any being
(whether 'god' or 'the cosmos' or whatever). We, of course, can talk of the
be-ing of god, be-cause be-ing [is] always the be-ing of some being (or
beings, or all beings, or even no beings). I do wish you would entertain
singing (out of tune so far) some other tune on this list. It also does no
good to your 'cause' to rope in dodgy goons like Helga Zepp-LaRouche and
no-clue theologians like Lehmann, nevermind the barrel-loads of nazis and
neo-nazis that you quote in support; why do you take these shits' words for
anything, especially given your attitude towards them? You become their
mouthpiece. Brilliant. J-d gods brilliant.

regards

michaelP

>From: GEVANS613@xxxxxxx
>To: heidegger-dialognet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: For *Being* aka *GOD.* Michael, Fred and Suleyman
>Date: Mon, Oct 18, 2004, 12:20 pm

> michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Dear Michael.
> Just to make it easier on my typing-fingers - If you don't mind I will
> consign this letter to Fred and Suleyman too - for the same subject
[substitution
> of Being* for *God*] is dealt with in their messages too.
>

> Michael:
> Jud claims victory:
>
> Jud [previously] I KNEW I was on the right track!
>

> Michael:
> [but you have never openly questioned it, so you didn't need any validation
> from Helga Zepp-LaRouche]
>
> Jud:
> *Openly questioned WHAT Michael? [caps for emphasis only]
> That I was on the right track? I COURSE I knew I had got Heidegger sussed
> as a closet religo-freak.
> As soon as I had finished the opening chapter of the Grundbegriffe I could
> see that.
> What I am referring to is Zepp-Larouche's insight that if you execute a
> *find and replace* operation of Being and Time, and replace the word *Being*
> with *God* the thing reads almost exactly the same. This is what
> anti-religious assholes like *waz-iz-name* have never grasped — and that is
why he was
> so laughable in his hate-ridden diatribes against Anthony. The laugh is that
> he is more religious than Anthony!
>
> _http://www.schillerinstitute.com/fid_91-96/951_hzl_heidegger.html_
> (http://www.schillerinstitute.com/fid_91-96/951_hzl_heidegger.html)
>

> What is most outrageous about this [what? mP], is that Lehmann treats
> Heidegger in the most objective and positive manner, as if nothing were wrong.
He
> [...]
insult
> me, thus I must bash it in order to retain my pride in my self and have
> something to say at all costs), it is perhaps reasonable that I find her
> characterisation of Heidegger through Lehmann in the quote above difficult to
> understand. In particular, the last sentence:
>
> Jud:
> You have missed the whole point Michael, [although I do have some sympathy
> with your criticism of Zepp-LaRouche]
> I am not particularly interested in what she has to say about Heidegger
> other that her noticing the prudent observation of the theologically -minded
> Lehmann which amounts to the *revelation* that *Being* is just a codeword
> for God.
>
> Michael:
> "and, he [Lehmann] says, all the questioning of Heidegger is in vain, if one
> substitutes for the word Being, the word God."
>
> What is this supposed to be saying? [a genuine question]
>
> Jud:
> As I say above — *Being* is just a codeword for God. Which is so OBVIOUS
> that even someone with double-bottle-tops for lenses should be able to see
it.

> Michael:
> I find it extremely difficult, in my 'present-day confusion', to render
> significance to the statements of a Heidegger 'critic' who begins the way she
> does with the statement that all Heidegger wrote was gobbledegook -- one
> presumes she must have gobbled up most of it in order to be able to make such
> knowledgable claim, but I would hazard a guess that she did not, apart from
some
> kind of predatorial key-word speed-reading {i. e., not reading at all} of the
> already foretold juicy-bits.
>

> Jud:
> Like all who dip their pens in the cloaca of the Heidegger Industry - she
> has to earn a crust I suppose. ;-)
>

> Michael:
> If Heidegger indeed writes nothing but masses of nonsense, then why bother
> with his thinking as if it were significant? this surely makes dunces of such
> 'critics' (to be so bothering with self-claimed nonsense).
>
> Jud:
> People worry about its effects on society. One may think government [any
> government] policy is *masses of damaging nonsense* - but that does not say
that
> the damaging nonsense should be ignored. This is how Anti-Heideggerians
> feel about the Heideggerian zombification of western philosophy.
>

> Michael:
> As for the business of substitutions for be-ing: why consider any such
> substitutions? Be-ing, if it is anything, is not a thing, is not any thing,
>
> Jud:
> Neither is *God* — but think of all the TROUBLE the notion causes - First
> the synagogues are vandalised and set on fire then five churches attacked
> yesterday — what happens tomorrow — the skinheads will be attacking
British
> mosques next and then the balloon will go up? Evil just CANNOT be ignored.
We
> CANNOT just look the other way or sit on the fence — an occupation which
you
> have [in good faith I am sure — but naively] elevated to some kind of moral
> highground.
>
> Michael:
> [referring to *Being*] ..and thus metaphorisation is denied it; be-ing is
> the uniquely unique and thus its 'word', "be-ing" can not be the name of any
> thing, it being the very possibility for naming and metaphorisation. Of
course,
> one can play the game of cheery substitutions such as "god", "cause",
> "consciousness", "spirit", etc, etc: but that is just unserious wholly
metaphysical
> play. Whatever game Helga Zepp-LaRouche is playing, it is hard to take
> seriously her (obviously pre-determined) conclusions and amassed arguments
> (although I could try if anyone wants...) when all she has 'read' of
Heidegger, is