Re: [heidegger-dialognet] Re: god gods not god but gods a god [god is not be-...

god_samael@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Jud, I think you are trying to read too much into Heidegger. His philosophy
is simple, and that's the revolution of it. He talks about Being, not that
"there is a *Being* of anything whatsoever" floating around anywhere. Being
is always a being of something such as you and me and pen and pencil and
whatever. Not god. Not a Being of sorts. None of that. I don't know where you
got the idea from. If you think there is a Being floating around somewhere,
describable by its nearest genus or whatever, you would be equipping the
Platonic Christian influenced mind-frame Heidegger criticizes.

Regards;
Suley

Suley:
With the greatest of respect I thank you for your desire to help, but I am
quite aware of the meaning that Heidegger attributes to the so-called *Being*
that peppers his works like a profusion of ontological ragwort [a widespread
European weed having yellow daisylike flowers; sometimes an obnoxious weed
and toxic to cattle if consumed in quantity] that has run riot across the well
manicured lawns of philosophy.
For Heidegger and his transcendentalist, metaphysicalist ilk *Being* is the
*Being* of beings — quite simply the existence of that which exists.

Well, I have news for you — that which exists doesn't HAVE an *existence* —
it simply exists. My waterglass is sitting on my desk — just the waterglass
mark you - NOT the *existence* of the waterglass, or the *Being* of the
waterglass. My waterglass is on my desk because it is PRESENT on my desk — the
atoms and molecules are PRESENT on my desk as a community of entities,
[Gesamtsumme] which together actualise as my waterglass — mark you the atoms and
molecules are PRESENT on my desk — but NOT the *presence* of the atoms and
molecules. There IS NO *existence* of anything — there IS NO *presence* of anything
— there is only that which exists and that which is present.

Nevertheless, thank you for your well intentioned intervention.

Regards,

Jud

Personal Website:
_http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/index.htm_
(http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/index.htm)
E-mail Discussion List:
nominalism@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---

  • Re: [heidegger-dialognet] Re: god gods not god but gods a god [god is not be-...
    • From: James Garrabrant