dyonisus: gathered hunter

Rene and phantoms of the Heidegger opera,

At random I threw some dice an opened Zarathustra withdrawn into the solitary cocoon of his thoughts all alone like Chuang Tzu undergoing metaphorsis into a butterfly where dancing feet become ears and take erratic flight into an empty void where words find there support in the real of dreamtime. Before Zarathustra goes under (part four of thus spoke... 'At Noontide'), with animals like his eagle with a serpent coiled around its neck ; he passes at noon hour "by an old gnarled and crooked tree which was embraced around by an abundant love of a vine and hidden from itself. " He falls into a deep trance with eyes wide open admiring the tree listening to his bird-wisdom say to him, "are not all words made for the heavy? Do not all words lie to the light? Sing! speak no more!". Down always down Zarathustra moves his soul heavy with ripe mature grapes, his Dasein at its ownmost possibility full of youth and promise like Dionysus at the height of his potential power, his constitutional force establishing itself in the open zone of freedom, worldhood of the world. Here he looses all serious rigidity and becomes malleable dissasociating himself from all identifications adapting and dissappearing into the markings of his environmment. Still... he is prepared, ready and in a estate of high alert seized by the stupor of madness he waits like all great hunters he just waits, waits with awesome patience and ability to stay. He waits like a beast of prey rooted like a plant in the natal swaying with the wind. The mask rene, in this regard as Otto writes, is a mask of death, the negative other of Apollo who does the actual establishing of a city-estate such as Athens or Persephone. Otto writes in chapter 11( The Mad God) "... the Apollonic world cannot exist without the other. This is why its has never denied it recognition." High noon is the rite of spring where intoxicated by death and madness "the most remote is near, the past is present, all ages are mirrored in the moment of the now. All that is lies locked in a close embrace. Man and animal breathe in the same maternal warmth." It is Dionysus that Otto describes as the "wild spirit of anithesis and paradox, of imidiate presence and complete remoteness, of bliss and horror, of infinite vitality and the cruelest destruction." When Zarathustra goes under and starts his own Orphic shamanic descent into the earth he returns into the unconscious or nature where he discovers Dasein at its ownmost possibility. Clearly we are talking about a user-friendly energy source that cannot be exhausted and provides an alternate form of development that is purely linguistic. It is the transmission of a passage through dreamtime that is the natural voice of our native ancestors buried in a past that has yet to arrive and become conscious of itself as a Logos. I just want to add rene that the sources including Otto point to Schelling for a more in-depth and detailed understanding. Otto says that to understand the madness of Dyonisus is to understand that, "the primal mystery is itself mad -- the matrix of the duality and the unity of disunity. We do not have to appeal to the philosphers for this, although much could be quoted from Schelling here. All peoples and ages testify to it through their life experience and their cult practices." Also in chapter eleven Otto writes, "Schelling says, "Ever since Aristotle is has become a commonplace to say that no one ever creates anything great without a dash of madness. We would rather say. without a constant solicitation to madness" (Die Weltalter)."

regards,
tympan

Get ready for school! Find articles, homework help and more in the Back to School Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04backtoschool.armx