Re: Energy decline and totalitarianism

Hi,

I expected a bombardment of similar replies...
I appreciate your position and I'm sure my opinions concede to yours on
varying levels. I figured my statement on encouraged passivity would be seen
as problematic - problematic for that it implies a subjectivity that a
Heideggerian is right to criticize:
E.g. Rene's post on 2004.10.25 12:22 GMT "Re: Energy decline and
totalitarianism" ["The only 'solution' can be: not working towards solutions
anymore. They themselves are the trouble. Cos they have their ground in (the
holding sway of) subjectivity. And any widerwille or rage against not being
able to bring solutions, will only entangle more into subjectivism, at last
completely irrational subjectivism. (fundamentalism: principle of reason as
will-to-will)"]

The thrust of the statement on political passivity (pol. passivity is
something that I see as insiduous to Heidegger to on certain levels) was to
put focus on the need of philosophical thinking *and action* regarding
tradition(s). In other words, waiting for God is awe-somely trite. The gods
have forced a hotblooded stream to flow through some of us. I ask you if you
don't feel at all the same -- if you're not also thrown into the
'responsibility of the intellectuals'?

Kind Hailings,
James