Re: metacrap: no need!

okay on second reading maybe it's a bit harsh and cold. It seemed stupid that you reminded me of a conversation that I had with Tudor and others but not you which only happened because you pointed to Garfinkel and still you say nothing. Anyway, i got your point, I was in the end just organizing my threads and motivating myself that's all. This is all good I don't know why you are getting all emotional. You derailed my propensity which I was itching to release and that's why I was harsher than usual plus you are keeping me awake here oscillating between garfinkel and pico de la mirandola when I should have been sleeping. Too late now I have to go to work soon but mostly I'll have to time to read for a few hours that's the good thing about a night shift. Look at the detail of this http://www.greatbuildings.com/cgi-bin/gbi.cgi/Sagrada_Familia.html/cid_1041642527_SagradaFamiliaNativity4.gbi Did you know that Pliny considered the mullberry tree the wisest of trees because it matures slowy and then bursts forth and matures in dramatic fashion? Walter Pater writes that the wisdom of the plant is a symbol of "a wisdom which economizes all forces for an oppoprtunity of sudden and sure effect". This also the way of the fox, el zorro, that D&V discuss as a Greek metis. It's the economy of a fragment that is brief, highly compacted like a fertile seed is. It is the a priori of multiplying variation according to Erasmus, liquid honey of a baroque autumn where prepositions fall and become biodegradeable matter of media.

tympan

so what's your point? Mine was re-minding you (because you've obviously been
into ethnomethodology: my first degree centred upon conversational analysis)
of something we had in common in my depiction of a version of language that
had not benefited from its penetration, something you might have nodded to
in recognition. Instead you seem to be implying I am rubbing your nose in
something nasty because of my failure to respond at key moments. This is
what you are doing now in reverse. I apologise for not responding in the
past to you and others, but I can only say that (apart from the case of Jud)
in most cases this is down to not being able to find the time to act like a
'real' student, which I cannot be because I'm not! My reminder was a 'know
what I mean' thumbs up, not a taunt or irony: chill a bit, huh?

regards

michaelP

Get ready for school! Find articles, homework help and more in the Back to School Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04backtoschool.armx