Re: metacrap

----Original Message Follows----
From: "John Foster" <borealis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: metacrap
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 05:36:35 -0800

I thought about this image and metaphor. A body without organs.

The BWO sounds like the ultimate answer to every environmental problem in
the universe indeed. Since the universe is a solitary thing, not surrounded
by anything else, then it would have no need to expell it's wastes as Plato
ruses thoughtfully thru Timaeus, the western world's only cosmological
treatise until Newton's time, a deadpanner in comparison.

Anyway it would have no need to expell it's wastes because it would be able
to 'recycle', 'reuse' and 'reduce' all of what it produces exogenously apart
from it's main purpose which is to 'process' the processible, much like
human and ant factories do.

I don't know if it's a solution to ALL environmental problems but the BWO as I read is a social ecological associative network, a living organization such as an ecosystem. It answers the basic philosophical question "Who am I?". Another question that is usually in my background is where is the notion of biodegradability applied? What is being broken down, split apart, analysed, used up making up the rich earth or materials that then constitutes the *possibility* of new life, of an unexpected discovery that maximizes chance? How is it that habits of interpreting what we perceive as how our memory works in conjunction with the imagination are made to pause and in that pausing are broken down, something else happens? This seems to me is the work of an aporia, a limit of knowledge which forever remains and *refuses* to show itself and 'cuts' or wounds the habits of consciousness that obscure an unprecedented discovery. Recognizing the 'wounding' is vital as Nietzsche saw for this is the vital energetic motor of discovery that keeps you young so to speak and allows for a smooth recycling of garbage. The widerwille as a 'cut' seems like an oscillator which I am trying to say is a point of attraction or bifurcation.

This is one form of causality for sure: a chain of events, diachronic
syncrecity [sic] - can't spell worth a darn sometimes - nor remember
personal names.

Are you making fun of my spelling? :-)

We tend to analyze and explain using dominant forms of paradiqmatic
thinking. Hence there are different modes - if you can appreciate this - of
thinking which are primarily causal. Not all forms of causality are the
same. Those which are 'pre-processive' and non-utilitarian are those at the
top: meditative, unitive, and liberational episodes of 'feeling'; others are
at the bottom, basal forms of engaging in imaginative replays of common
repetitive acts, social and commentative analysis of the 'everyday' forms of
irrationality of - well - let me explain.

<snip of story of senility>

Much of discovery is like this. Doing a task at a basal level often leads to
a discovery of something else which is a real revelation, and much of our
intellectual and artistic endeavours are exactly that 'chance discovery',
even serendipitous.

It's not crystal clear to me even after your anecdote what you mean. But it's certainly part of the collective prolepsis thread but in our case it's not just an issue of an insane individual but a collective of mad scientists working out a discovery. I think the important thing is just to assume the discovery for no reason and work "as if". Do you think I know where I am going from day to day? No. I just use my masculine intuition that's all and make intelligent guesses about what might lead to breakthroughs that catch or hook us up like the strange attractors that chaos theorists talk about. It is the vitality of these that leads to the emergence of a complex system such as a socioecological conversational circle or thinking ecosystem. Of course there is a lot tinkering and experimention involved that's so much fun. You hack away at a thread in a unilateral fashion and then somebody else starts to join in and then another and suddenly you have 'inflation', a flowering of creativity and the unfolding of a mutiplicity of threads. This kind of activity I think happens both at an individual level and at a group level. The 'hidden' whatever this points to, let's say it could be an X as da-Sign of the fourthfold or something else; operates as a magnetic attractor which is appealing somehow. Threads organized themselves in a complex manner around bifurcation points in the manner of corkscrewing vines and reflect the beautiful design and patterning of nature. Anyway, It all seems to be grounded in an education of the will where long term solutions are found imo.

tympan

Get ready for school! Find articles, homework help and more in the Back to School Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04backtoschool.armx