Van: owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Namens michaelP
Verzonden: vrijdag 5 november 2004 14:28
Aan: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: Eminem mosh - Susskind

rene recently writing to ariosto:

> I rather respect their refusal of philosophy, which is
> more philosphical than they (can) think, than placing myself higher, but
> inevitably on the burst ground they're standing on.

rene, I can see what you are referring to in your celebration of those who
are refuseniks, philosophy-wise, but such refusal ought surely to be
qualified (e.g., anyone in (Jud's oft-mentioned) the street, down the pub,
across on the pillow, etc, can simply refuse philosophy, say, in the wake of
a chat about the weather, ordering another beer, getting on with a good
fuck, etc); do you mean that it is worth celebrating-supporting the refusal
of philosophy in the name of, say, thinking? The trouble with refusal and
rejection of X is that it might only land one in the merely other side of
the same coin as X and thus be dependent, held in the same sway as X,
enowned by X. The other side is still only the other side (the side owned by
other), still sided in relation to an other side, i.e., caught in the same.
Is this not the biggest danger of a refusal, say, of metaphysics; that those
who claim to have left such behind are only dragging the eternally rotting
corpses of the left-behind whilst claiming freedom. As Nietzsche said
"freedom FOR what?".

regards

michaelP