Re: The  Non-God in Heideggerian Thought

In a message dated 11/5/04 7:09:03 AM, michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> the problem, imo, with all kinds of
> amerika (of whatever persuasion or habitat) is the push(iness), the
> forward-motion at any (and every) cost, the (o)pressing on regardless
> towards terminal beach and then some... one president might have slowed it a
> mite, but either way, it seems to me, the same dreary frenzied movement
> (sometimes called 'energy') and adoration of/submission to technology and
> its overreaching command of everything. When europa copies this impressive
> feat, it too becomes an amerika, a new old world (same as...). Once the
> second world was demoralised and made indifferent and the third just a
> playground for soldier's games,

hmmm. sounds like a nice description of rome as contrasted with greece.
now how did that one come out?

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---