Heidegger in the Owl of Minerva

A few days ago I received in the mail the latest issue of _The Owl of
Minerva_, the journal of the Hegel Society of America. The issue began
with a few words from the editor, Prof. Lawrence Stepelevich, about the
Hegel mailing list, how good it is to have such a thing, how Hegel would
have approved of this use of technology, etc. But there was also the
following paragraph:

"Yet I have not been able to find any circles of Heideggerians among the
philosophical groups in the various 'Internet Directories.' That there
would be no Heidegger discussion might be expected, since Heidegger
harbored a great distrust of 'unifying the world', as it threatened
the loss of 'locality'. Given these doubts, the development of a global
communications network, a technological Unverborgenheit, could only
but further weaken the already thin contact with Being. Be this as it
may, I have not been able to find out if there was a telephone in
der Hutte. I suspect not."

I would like to suggest that we all write to Prof. Stepelevich and inform
him of his error, and demand a correction be printed in the next issue,
lest this disinformation be any more widely disseminated or accepted as
true.

Prof. Stepelevich's address:
stepelevi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
stepelevi@vuvaxcom

The Hegel List is at
hegel-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(although I don't think you can post to it unless you are subscribed)

Jeff