Nature of disclosure

I suddenly realized today that many of my difficulties in interpreting
Heidegger have risen from my inability to understand *exactly* how
Heidegger is using the verbs "to disclose" and "to revel", as well as
their derivatives, in BT. I turn to you fine Heideggerians for he*lp on
the matter. "to disclose", typically, means "to allow to be seen", "to
lay bare" or, even, "to make known". It follows from this that
"disclosure" can be seen as meaning "the act of allowing to be seen", or
"the act of laying bare". Something that is disclosed, then, would be
something that has been laid bare, or something that has been allowed to
become seen. "to reveal" means, typically, "to expose to view" or "to
divulge". It would seem from this that "to disclose" and "to reveal" are
nearly synonymous verbs. But the problem is that I just cannot convince
myself that Heidegger is using them synonymously. I believe that my
central difficulty is that I cannot quite figure out what H means by
"disclosedness". He speaks, often enough, of the disclosedness of Dasein
but nearly never of the "revealedness" of Dasein. But what does he mean
by disclosedness. Dooes he mean Dasein's being something which uncovers,
or Dasein's being as something which has been uncovered. The first of
these is what H explicitly writes at 228 (pagination): "To pressupose is
to understand something as the ground for the Being of some other entity.
Such understanding of an entity in its interconnections of Being, is
possible only on the ground of disclosedness -*that is, on the ground of
Dasein's Being something which uncovers*." I am not convinced, however,
that this passage exemplifies H's typical use of "disclosedness". Now
that I think of this however I have become clear on my difficulty. I am
pretty sure that H uses "disclose" and "reveal" synonymously, as well as
"disclosed" and "revealed", throughout BT but that he does *not* consider
"disclosedness" and "revealedness" as partaking of synonymity. So what
the hell does Heidegger mean by "disclosedness", as distinct from
"revealedness" (if anything)? Any he*lp would be much appreciated. Truth
(well, section 44 at least) stands waiting.

Kevin Eldred.