Re: Caring-for, and Dasein

James,

>structure of Dasein which unifies its Being (as opposed to
>Being-in-the-world, which is a more 'general' structure and does not
>say very much about Dasein). See Michael Gelven's commentary on Being
>and Time. For everybody else, can Dasein be the Being of all living
>beings, and not just of the human being? The overman (James Steeves,
>t3tf@xxxxxx).

Certainly YOU should be able to give a better reference than Gelven (smile).
As for your question, in Being and Time, Dasein is defined as that being for
whom Being is a concern. To be pedantic I would say that Dasein has to be
"self aware" (in a sense) and not just "living". T%he Being of all beings
is Being. The route to an exploration of Being has to start with a being
(Dasein) but I think it would be wrong to give Dasein the characteristic of
being the Being of all living Beings.

Nik