Heidegger & Marx

Frederik van Gelder writes:

This is such nonsense that it's not easy to know whether to pass it by in
silence or whether such silence does'nt make one guilty of a lack of
opposition to obscurantism.

Frederik van Gelder Ph.D.
Institut fuer Sozialforschung
Frankfurt University
(Yes, the 'old' Frankfurt School)

Gelder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just wanted to use this break in the OJ trial to fire off
a thank-you for your thoughtful response. I know how
harried grad life can be...when my cousin Marvin
got his MBA...oops...so I deeply appreciate
your liberality as well as your brilliant adversion.

No doubt you've preserved me from a devastating
embarrassment, for which I am still more grateful as not all intellectuals
are as innocent of professional ego as yourself and
would not exploit the opportunity for the advancement of learning.
I can say with utmost security I am incalculably more
enlightened on the Q re the etiology of H's ideology
now I have your response.

As for your acute sensitivity to oppose obscurantism
(albeit re yours truly) it is...well...
flat out philanthropic...a credit to the
tradition of humanist scholarship...to your college...
your race...my bosom swells...