Re: [mpisgmedia] RTI request re GATS (wrt Urban Renewal Mission, etc)

Shri Sudhakar Dalela,
Deputy Secretary, DoC / CPIO

Dear Sir,

This is in continuation of my eml of 23.11.05
(included in this message).

On 03.12.05: (a) HT reported (p.17) that on
Monday-Tuesday Commerce Minister is meeting
representatives of political parties and their
affiliate unions and interested groups to evolve a
national consensus on WTO issues including services;
(b) in the forenoon PM launched the reform-linked
100000 cr JNURM to make cities attractive investment
destinations; and (c) in the afternoon Left parties
called for discussion in Parliament on WTO issues
including GATS.

Meetings for political consensus and/or debate in
Parliament are likely to focus on priority concerns of
political parties / unions / WTO groups and seem
unlikely to cover several sector-specific issues or
issues arising from coincidence of JNURM and GATS
impetuses. However, information about rationale and
basis in assessments/consultations of sector-wise GATS
offers is of interest to urban service (including
professional) sectors in view of JNURM even if the
GATS offers in respect of them are not negotiated at
Hong Kong.

DoC has, presumably, prepared some document for the
meetings / debate that has, presumably, some
information about the basis of sector-specific GATS
offers. I request publication of the same on DoC
website.

Yours sincerely
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner

cc: all named for RTI on DoC website, as in ml of
23.11.05

====eml of 23.11.05====

http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00662.shtml

http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1302128.cms