Re: [mpisgmedia] RTI Act (request re reconstitution of MPD-2021 Board for Enquiry & Hearing)

Ms Neemo Dhar
Director (PR&PG), DDA

Dear Ms Dhar,
This is in continuation of my e-ml of 05.12.05, at:
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00708.shtml
and subsequent correspondence (included in this
message).

Director (MPPR) was kind enough to meet me yesterday,
but is not in custody of information that I:
(1) sought, as affected party, under s.4(1)(d)
(reasons for decisions relating to reconstitution of
Board for MPD-2021 Public notice, no.1 in my e-mail)
(2) requested be published under s.4(1)(b)(iii)
(decision making procedure followed by the Authority,
no.2 in my e-mail)
He is in custody of other information I requested be
published under s.4(1)(b), viz, MP&ZDP Rules, 1959,
and Gazette notifications dated 15.06.05 and 02.12.05
relating to the Board and has kindly assured me of
website publication of the same and also provided me
copies of the notifications (the Rules I have).

I request again with urgency the remaining information
(nos. 1 & 2 in my e-mail).

Please permit me to clarify that I have no adversarial
intent and am seeking information to be able to make
an informed representation about my genuine
apprehension that the MPD-2021 Public Notice process
is vitiated. MCD Commissioner has not bothered to
participate in any of the hearings (and the ones,
including mine, held on 03.10.05 were invalid for lack
of quorum on his account). MCD counsellor who
participated in hearing on 03.12.05 has made curious
comments in the press. On 10.12.05 MCD has held its
own public interaction for its so-called Local Area
Plans that undermine the DD Act framework in
presumption of a proposed USAID-sponsored amendment to
MCD Act. The other non-DDA member of the Board is from
TCPO, which has developed the so-called Tool-Kit for
making in line with USAID-made model municipal law
city plans unrelated to statutory plans to access
JNNURM funds. Under the circumstances, the Board for
MPD-2021 Public Notice cannot be considered impartial
and could well be considered subversive. There are
also indications of unwarranted interferences by Delhi
Government and others well known for anti-DD Act
proclivities and advocacy of elements of the so-called
reform agenda, including by selective use of court
orders. It is an open secret that DDA has been
prevented by such interferences from carrying out
MPD-2021 revision in the manner prescribed. If
MPD-2021 Public Notice process is also vitiated then
its mandate of planned development may well become
irretrievable. If you consider it appropriate, please
communicate my apprehension to Authority Secretary
and/or Board Chairman (DDA VC).

Yours sincerely
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner

cc: for information
* Director (MPPR), with thanks for meeting
* az plan