[mpisgmedia] "Byelaw reform": RTI request (reiterated wrt letters from GNCTD & MCD)

Chief Secretary, GNCTD

Dear Sir,

This is in continuation of my request dated 21.12.05
for information about the meeting you had reportedly
called about building byelaws (made under s.4(1)(d) of
RTI Act, 2005, as affected-person in view of my letter
dated 17.11.05 to JS(UT)-MoHA, copied for information
to yourself, MCD Commissioner and JS(DD&L)-MoUD).

I have since received copy of letter dated 20.12.05
from Dy Secretary (UD) to MCD Commissioner and (by
speed-post today) copy of letter dated 22.12.05 from
SE (Bldgs) HQ MCD to Mr RM Kapoor and Mr Bimal Patel
(consultants for the USAID-sponsored amending
legislation and building byelaws), both for
information of forwardings of my letter of 17.11.05.
Text of these is reproduced below.

Now that my letter has been forwarded to the USAID
consultants (presumably as affected-persons), I
reiterate my request for information with urgency.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner

========
for ready reference:

my request of 21.12.05 is at:
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00736.shtml

my letter of 17.11.05 to JS(UT) MoHA is at:
http://plan.architexturez.org/site/mpisg/p/051117/

========
text of above-mentioned letters received:

GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI
DEPARTMENT OF URBAN DEVELOPMENT
10TH LEVEL, DELHI SECTT.
I.P.ESTATE: NEW DELHI

Dated: 20/12/2005

F.No.13/102/2003/UD/Pt.file.II/14421

The Commissioner,
MCD,
Town Hall,
Delhi.

Sub: Request for clarification regarding S-490
(Dissolution of the Corporation of Delhi Municipal
Corporation Act, 1957

Sir,
I am directed to enclose herewith a copy of letter
dated 17.11.05 from Smt.Gita Dewan Verma, Planner on
the subject cited above. You are requested to take
appropriate action at your end and furnish the
ATR/comments to the representationist directly under
intimation to the department.

Yours faithfully,
sd/-
(MANOJ KR.AGGARWAL)
DY.SECY.(UD)

Encl: As above

Copy to: Gita Dewan Verma...

------

MUNICIPAL CORPORATION OF DELHI
OFFICE OF THE SUPERINTENDING ENGINEERING
BUILDING HQ
MCD UNDERGROUND CAR PARKING
ASAF ALI ROAD, NEW DELHI

Date: 22-12-05
No. D/925/EE(B)/HQ

Sh.R.M.Kappor
Chief of Urban Studies Centre
The Times Research Foundation
8, Camac Street (15th Floor)
Kolkata-700017

Shri Bimal Patel
Managing Director, Environmental
Planning Collaborative
701, Paritosh, Usmanpura
Ahmedabad-380013

Sub: Clarification regarding S-490 (Dissolution of the
Corporation) of Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957

Sir,
Ms.Gita Dewan Verma, Planner vide her letter dated
17-11-2005 has inter-alia intended to know the scope
and procedure in respect of S.490 of MCD Act
(?Dissolution of the Corporation: (1) if in the
opinion of the Central Government, the Corporation
persistently makes default in the performance of the
duties imposed on it by or under this Act or exceeds
or abuses its powers, the Central Government may by an
order published, together with a statement of reason
therefore, in the Official Gazette, dissolve the
Corporation. She also requested to let her know the
procedure, if any, by which she might urge/inform
Central Government opinion under S.490 of MCD Act.

The copy of the aforesaid letter is enclosed herewith
for consideration and further necessary action.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully
sd/-
Suptdg.Engineer (Bldg.) HQ