[mpisgmedia] [scan] Residents list grievances to Minister (inspecting MRTS)

| future-shock?

Residents list grievances to Minister

K. Manikandan
TAMBARAM: Residents of Perungudi panchayat aired their grievances to
Minister of State for Railways R. Velu, who was here to inspect the
progress of work on the Mass Rapid Transit system between Taramani and
Velachery...
When the Minister insisted that the residents meet local officials and
elected representatives, they shot back: "We have met them all, there has
been no help. They come to us to seek our votes during elections and do
not bother to visit us when we face problems. That is why we have come to
you. Please, visit our area and look for yourself, our plight."
Noting down the grievances of the residents, Mr. Velu told them he would
see what best he could do.
When the residents asked him to visit their locality again, he said: "I am
only the Railway Minister. Once this project [MRTS] is completed, it would
become easier for you to reach North Chennai and other parts of the city."
Their grievances should be looked into by their ward member, MLA and MP,
he added...

http://www.hindu.com/2006/01/07/stories/2006010716770300.htm