[mpisgmedia] Tehkhand pilot-project (court update)

Today a Single Bench of Delhi High Court comprising of
Justice Pradeep Nandrajog issued notice to all four
Respondents (Union of India / MoUD, Delhi Govt, MCD
and the Authority of the DDA) in CWP 6824-25/2006
(Rajinder Singh & Anr v/s UOI & Ors) - a writ petition
praying for quashing of land use change notification,
declaring of consequent project and auction for
Tehkhand private-participation / slum-rehousing
pilot-project illegal and contrary to law, and for
restraining respondents from implementing draft
MPD-2021 policy proposals prior to its notification by
due process.

Respondents 1 and 4 (respectively, MoUD and DDA) have
also been directed to file reply within a week and
produce in court records relating to the land use
change at next hearing (on 18.05.06). It has also been
directed that all actions pursuant to the bids
pertaining to the land in dispute will be subject to
the outcome of the petition.

The petition was filed on 24.04.06. The Tehkhand
pilot-project was subsequently auctioned on 26.04.06,
reportedly for 450 cr to a joint venture of DLF
Universal and Indiabulls. The petition was listed for
first hearing today. Index, Synopsis, List-of-Dates
and main Text are posted at:
http://plan.architexturez.org/site/mpisg/p/tehkhand

I am Petitioner no.2. Both Rajinder and I clarify that
ours is no PIL and we consider it highly improper to
agitate in media our grievances that are now before
the court. We do appreciate that media is interested
in the affairs of DLF-Indiabulls (wholly incidental to
our writ petition that was filed before the auction)
and also that our grievances raise issues that may be
of interest to some other ordinary persons like
ourselves. Accordingly, key excerpts from our petition
are being posted in public domain. Comments and
queries are welcome also in public domain: please use
this list.

Gita Dewan Verma, Planner
03.05.06