Re: [mpisgmedia] Hawking jan sunwayi (reloaded!)

In Court on 26.07.06:
HT:p.5: Notify hawking, no-hawking zones: SC
THE SUPREME Court on Wednesday directed the Municipal
Corporation of Delhi and New Delhi Municipal Council
to notify all hawking and no-hawking zones in their
respective areas as on today to facilitate
implementation of its order to make no-hawking zones
here free from hawkers/squatters.
A bench of justices B.P. Singh and Altmas Kabir,
however, clarified the order would remain operative
till a new scheme for hawkers is implemented...

---
In Jan-sunwayi on 26.07.06:
Special hawking zones to be created in Delhi
NEW DELHI: Union Urban Development Minister S. Jaipal
Reddy on Wednesday said Delhi would be developed as a
model city by creating special hawking zones ...
He also assured that the Centre would try and take
some steps for the welfare of vendors through its
ambitious Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal
Mission
Stating that solving the problems of hawkers and
vendors was a State subject and the Urban Development
Ministry could implement its projects in this
connection in Delhi only, the Union Minister said it
had been decided to conduct a scientific survey of
hawkers and vendors in Delhi by the Tata Institute of
Fundamental Research ...
Asserting that the Union Government was keen on
implementing the national policy for vendors announced
in January 2004, Mr. Reddy said the Delhi Laws
(Special Provisions) Act 2006 ... also talks about
addressing problems being faced by street vendors...
http://www.hindu.com/2006/07/27/stories/2006072726880300.htm

---
(one learned counsel was vigorously arguing for court
endorsement of the scientific-survey and agency, but
did not get it yet; perhaps after the sun-kaho our
mantris will make our authorities do what the ladies
want. In 2001 it was with jagmohan that sewa-nasvi
launched its national policy exercise, with manushi as
second fiddle with her pmo policy for delhi. In 2006
fiddling hierarchy seems to have changed. VasantKunj I
learn is to be a pilot project of the ladies. In 2003
when Tehkhand was first announced also VK was to be
one of 3 pilot projects. in 2000 when rajiv sethi
wanted to take off at sultangarhi VK nearly became
additional pilot for DUEIIP. must be the proximity to
airport)

=== message truncated ===