Re: [mpisgmedia] CPR brainstorm session...please attend/gatecrash

ratnam@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
...The Centre for Policy Research (CPR) is oganising a small brainstorming session at 4:30 pm on Thursday, August 10th, to think through a research and policy agenda in the urban sector. The session will be led by Prof. K C Sivaramakrishan, Chairman of the Governing Board, CPR. The goal is to eventually discuss ways to:

(a) establish a neutral platform where differing viewpoints can engage in constructive conversation on issues of common interest.
(b) catalyse/produce some background work that is relevant to issues under discussion

(c) build a community of researchers interested in issues of urban policy

Brainstorm or Drainstorm? Given these facts:
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/in.html

Is there such a situation as Urbanization in India? We would rather think the whole system is going to blow out of the cities (where such systems services primarily concentrated) and off! No, seriously, we sat through and did a lotta head-scratching in Poverty, Infrastructure and Globalization type conferences, and we were truly confounded by these ancient frameworks (not even frameworks, frames-of-reference).

The uncles (or the great grand uncles, more likely) who composed this document might do well to get their hands on some 1880s data, and some 1940s data, and some 1970s data, and compare them to the now data, and they'll see for themselves the needlessness of this type of talk a very long time ago.

(sd) Architexturez (who gets its information straight from the CIA, true conspiracy theory style)