ART: Lighting Field.

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.artcom
From: michael_maier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Maier)
Subject: Re: lightning field
Sender: usenet@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1993 16:44:27 GMT

In article <1prmne$96a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
schlaude@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Gerd Schlauderer) wrote:

> where exactly is the "lightning field" in the desert of arizona.
> a friend of mine wants to see this work of art during his honey moon trip.
> and who is the artist. are there more interesting art works in
> north american deserts?

I think the artist is Walter De Maria?

I hope your friend and his bride like hiking because its out in the middle
of nowhere. I don't remenber where it is exactly, but there is a book
called "Earthworks" which talks about this piece and others (done by
various Earth Artists) and that might give the location.

Michael Maier, Computer Artist, ANL | [|Z]---*Z* Glued to the veiw.

Email michael_maier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | "TV is the milk of Amnesia."
Phone 708 252 5298 | Q Michael Maier