GENERAL : CHAOS.

- - The original note follows - -

From: "Timothy J. Anderson" <ta10+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: alt.artcom
Subject: RE: Chaos Editions: IDEA
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1993 11:35:16 -0400

Ed Stastny is absolutely right when he says:
>Subject: Chaos Editions: IDEA (Internation Directory of Electronic Arts)
>Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1993 06:14:40 GMT
>
>I've borrowed the 1992-93 version of this book from a friend...holy
>moley! What a wealth of contacts. Five-hundred pages of information
>about electronic artists and organizations around the globe (many have
>email addresses). ...

If it might help anyone locate or order the book, here is our library
catalog record:

Title Guide international des ARTS electroniques : art & technologie
= International directory of ELECTRONIC ARTS : art &
technology, 1992-1993.
Publisher Paris : CHAOS, 1992.
Description book 504 p. ; 19 cm.
Subjects Art and technology.
*** CMU LOCATION & CALL NO.
HL4-FA-REF 700.105 G946 1992-1993 c.1
Notes Text in English and French, preface also in Japanese.
Includes indexes. "Chaos Editions"
Date 1992
Language english; french
Standard No. 2909754006

It might be distributed in the US by Art Com, P.O. Box 193123,
Rincon Annex, San Francisdo, CA 94119-3123. Voice: 415.431.7524.
It's worth getting their catalog of books and videos in any case.
Always up to the minute stuff, much of it hard to get elsewhere.

tim

Tim Anderson
Fine Arts Services Coordinator
University Libraries ta10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Carnegie Mellon University fax: 412.268.6944
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 voice: 412.268.2451