ART: Facist Dream?

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 21-SEP-1993
13:20:01.20
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: RE: The Braves

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 11:52:59 CDT
From: Kevin Krueger <krueger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: The Braves
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> From: Raymond Lauzzana <lauzzana@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: The Braves
>
> Kevin - are you kidding? American's love Fascism. Its on television every
night.
> There is a continuing/contintinual replXy of WW III/II movies. Documenteries
> on the life of Hitler. on and on. and on and on.

I don't really think you have a good argument. For one, not everybody watches
television and becomes a robot to these so called fascist movies. I haven't
seen a good WWII movie in a long time, or a Hitler documentary. As a matter of
fact, I have happened to watch quite a bit of Jewish humor on TV. The Jews
own TV comedy - how does that fit into your model?? Regardless of whether
I watch TV or not, replays of Hitler documentaries don't imply that
Americans love fascism. There are documentaries on everybody under the sun.
I just saw one the other night about Reverend Sun Yung Moon. So what.
Please please add more meat to your argument so one brainwashed-can't think
for himself-assumed to be fascist Amerikkkan can understand you!

> We've disorted the definition of Fascism to mean anti-semiticism. I dare
> ay that most Americans have no idea of what Fascism is other than it had
> to do with hitler and that italian guy musso-somebody. The Fascist dream
> of erasing history has been a success in the US. Come on , Keven - ake up.
>
> - ray

I can't really state the brainpower of most Americans, but we know it to be
quite low at times, so I have no doubt that some Americans have no idea what
fascism is. But really, you make some brash statements and they are just
statements. For every example that you may have of brainwashing Americans
of history, I could probably counterpoint you and, your argument would have
no standing. So I don't see Americans as being any dumber than any other
society or nation with which you reference in your own mind. I think that
having a government implies a certain level of fascism and the society lives
under its umbrella of rules, laws, and cultural standards. This is no
differentanywhere else. Is it?

Just to play the devil's advocate . . . let's say that the fascist dream has
been realized . . . what happens next in the US?

Kevin