Re: Jury Reviews

Jury as an idea would be done by peers. Judgements, on the other hand,
would be done by peers and others. I'm for both. Also, I experienced
both at Berkeley. They can be done constructively, and they can be
not demeaning. There, in any case, a kind of trial-by-fire. [Hope you
did not get too cooked!]

I belive that these REVIEWS are best done with small groups of students (peers)
on a socratic basis for learning (...just questions). These should be
continuous rather than just at the end of the design process. My problem is
the final nature of "juries", not juries.

Howard Ray Lawrence
Architecture
College of Arts and Architecture
The Pennsylvania State University