Re: Architect Software

- - The original note follows - -

From: GLangdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Geoff M Langdon)
Subject: Re: Architect Software
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 1994 05:22:49 GMT

Eric Jonathan Greenberg (cm985@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

: Hi

: My name is Eric and I am 16 years old. I have been interested in
: Architecture for along time now and I am planning on going into this feild
: for a living. I would like to buy an architect program to screw around
: with to enhance my view of the field. If someone could send me a list of
: good but inexpensive programs that I could play around with I would
: appreciate it. Thanks

: ERic
: --
: /~~~~ ~~|~~ /~~~~
: """"""" |___ ___ * /~~~~ | | ___ """""""
: ^-O-O-^ | / \ | | | | | ^-O-O-^
: -ooO--U--Ooo- \____/ |__/ \_/\____/ \__/ o \___/ o
-ooO--U--Ooo

You are in luck now Eric. For the next 40 days one of the best programs
professional architects work with - DataCAD - is on sale (from its usual
$3000 price) there is the DataCAD Professional for $ 150, which includes
the programming language, photorealistic renderer, and 17 meg of
architectural symbols, which is the deal of the decade, but, for you, I
would suggest the DataCAD starter, which, also only until Feb. 28th 1994
will be only $49, which makes it cheaper than many of those "design your
own home" type programs.
You didn't say what hardware you are using. If you are using a
Macintosh, let me know, I may have another suggestion.
Geoff Langdon
Professor of Architectural CADD