Re: Is it all worth it?

- - The original note follows - -

From: john@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Is it all worth it?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 02:15:33 GMT

In article <white-260494190539@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Andrea White) writes:
>I'm a freshman architecture student at the University of Oregon and I was
>just wondering if killing myself day in and day out ends up to be worth the
>trouble. I am only taking 13 credits this term (3 classes-one of them
>studio) and I never sleep, eat, or shower anymore because the work load is
>outrageous. I have seriously been wondering if I can continue to do this
>for 4 more years. Does it get easier after the first year? Please, any
>suggestions on how to cope with the stress would be helpful.

It's called management. Manage your resources - that includes
your own abilities, health, etc.

Mental health can actually become an issue - hell, look at some
of us!

Most of what happens in the professional world of architecture
is oh so different than school. You have to decide when you are
going to take control (to an extent) of your life.

BTW - you should _at least_ shower - for you classmates' sake.

--
Deathrace 2000 DoD#1179