ARCHITECTURE: Domes.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster
Fuller's works" 13-MAY-1994 03:15:11.87
To: IN%"[email protected]" "Multiple recipients of list GEODESIC"
CC:
Subj: RE: Fuller Structures

Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 00:18:15 -0700
From: Kirby Urner <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Fuller Structures
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list GEODESIC <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>

>Also, I'm interested in modeling the fabrication, structural, and
>environmental effects of really large structures (RLS's). An example of an
>RLS would be a domes of 1 km diameter or more. Is anyone out there aware of
>previous (other than those done by Bucky) or current efforts in this regard (
>Biospherians need not reply...)?

Have you checked out Internation Journal of Space Structures
(I believe is the title). Pretty up to date on engineering domes,
but other structures as well. There's also Dome Magazine, but
this is probably more focused on what you already know about.

-- Kirby
Kirby T. Urner [email protected]
4D Solutions [email protected]
Portland, Oregon <All opinions expressed ARE those of 4D Solutions>