ARCHITECTURE: Domes.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster
Fuller's works" 3-JUN-1994 14:11:02.08
To: IN%"[email protected]" "Multiple recipients of list GEODESIC"
CC:
Subj: RE: Looking for dome designs, kits, (clues)

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 18:57:53 -0700
From: Kirby Urner <pdx4d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Looking for dome designs, kits, (clues)
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list GEODESIC <[email protected]>

>In ref to John-Reed's previous post:
>
>I, too, am looking for more info om dome construction (at any level).
>Is there an architectural FAQ on Mr. Fuller's designs? I've been
>searching the net and can't find anything along these lines yet.
>
>My thanks to the GEODESIC gods, and you,
>
>Kurt (:7,

Syllabus would include The Dome Book and The Dome Book 2. Magazine
called Dome. Journal of Space Structures (spendy subscriptions for
the hard core). Home Fried Domes another resource. Ikosa Kit in
museum gift shops, and Tensegritoy, same shops, are good modeling
kits. Who makes all those dome jungle gyms for elementary school
campuses around the country I wonder?

Online resources I'm less versed in. If you've got World Wide Web,
then check out http://www.futuro.usp.br/rod/text/buckminster_fuller.html

-- Kirby
Kirby T. Urner pdx4d@xxxxxxxxxxxx
4D Solutions pdx4d@xxxxxxxxxxx
Portland, Oregon <All opinions expressed ARE those of 4D Solutions>