Re: architectural educaton

There are other schools doing somewhat the same thing - like here in Oslo,
Norway. Our education differs in that each course terminates after a
semester, not a year, and the first two years form a fixed setup with
basic courses. After passing the basic courses, one is free to choose out
of the courses offered at the various sections here. Students may also
propose self-programmed courses, which have to be approved at one of the
sections before start.

There is alot more to our school. We have some very good teaching
capacities here, and all in all I enjoyed very much what our school could
offer me. However, some students are not able to absorb these assets and
have a hard time understanding what is what in all this. For them, a
traditional education program with courses and exams would be easier.

arnbjorn

Arnbjoern O. Laerdal email: al@xxxxxx
architect + computing consultant arnbjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Arkitekthoegskolen i Oslo / The Oslo School of Architecture

visit : St. Olavsgt. 4, 0130 Oslo
snailmail: P.O.Box 6768, St. Olavs plass, N-0130 Oslo, Norway
work tel.: +47-22208316, fax : +47-22111970

private : Blaabaerstien 21 h, N-1450 Nesoddtangen (tel.: +47-66910845)