ART: The Wall. Plexiglass Painting Technique.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 25-MAY-1994
22:28:15.76
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: plexi& paint

Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 21:29:00 CDT
From: [email protected]
Subject: plexi& paint
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I had a student many years back that worked on plexi. 20 years later the
acrylic paint is still holding. If you use Keith's "etching" technique, the
paint will hold even better. Paint on the back of the plexi. Give a great
effect from the other side. Takes a big of doing, but I have seen people
cut the protective paper away, paint, cut more, paint, cut more, paint, etc.
until they had a finished piece to ve viewed from the reverse side (unpainted)
side of the plexi. Memory suggests a book by Chicago sculptor Jack Burnham
called ? Beyond Modern Sculpture ? He uses light and it ?might? help.
B e n M a h m o u d : U 2 0 B X M 1 @ M V S . C S O . N I U . E D U
(School of Art/Northern Illinois University/DeKalb/Ill./60115)