My Debt to You

Responding to msg by HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Howard Ray Lawrence 814
238 9535) on

Howard,

Your valiant work to keep the list going is much appreciated,
and I do not wish to complicate your life.

Having survived architectural practice for a long time, I know
how somebody can suck you into their scam.

Whatever I post on your list has passed my test of "do unto
others as you have them do unto you". Because I don't want
anyone messing with me and my reputation I don't want to harm
you or your list.

However, I will from time to time post on this very topic of
ethics and doing battle with the powerful, say, like the two
letters recently about my experiences with rich clients. The
cases are real, the names are real. (For some reason
well-to-do people buy my act.)

If you hear any adverse response to these postings, let me
know. I want to defend myself for very good reasons, it's part
of defending design work and a lesson for Design-L not often
taught in school.

I don't take legal matters lightly, but I have learned how to
keep them in perspective, not least by keeping innocent
bystanders out of the fire. Please let me know if what I do
interferes with your role here and I'll change because I want
this list to thrive.

John