Re: Design List Muzzling

Bravo!
I couldn't agree more with the comments made here. This medium offers a
tremendous opportunity tiward an exchange of dialogs in a way whic has
never been available on such a wide range of potentials (ie. people,
subjects, topics, themes, etc), or by such a wide range of people and
respective points of view.

I wrote on 'Idle Chitchat,' when I joined this list, and it still bugs me a
bit when people talk amongst themselves, regarding seemingly non-pertinant
issues, but I have learned to respect the value of such dialogs. To furthur
'muzzle' or restrict the way in which exchanges are made for the sake of
full mailboxes is in dirrect opposition of the intent of such a venue.
Perhaps 'Howard' should make it a point to instruct new recipients of this
list, in the packet of info that everyone gets when they sign on, that they
will be actively participating in the broad exchange of ideas with a
vertible bevy of other listers from around the globe, and it may fill their
mailboxes with stuff they will have to sort through and discard on their
own. I dont think listers should determine what others may view as garbage,
and submit responses accordingly.

Don't get me wrong. I see the intent of Howards plea, I just dont think it
is a valid request.

This post, for instance, disregards Howard's plea for brevity on purpose,
to make a point. Perhaps as much could be said in fewer words, but in
muzzling myself for the sake of brevity, the scope of my intent may be
somewhat lost. Others may pick up a snippet of what I have written and run
with it on their own, thereby creating a string for others to contribute
to.

Comments please - You too Howard;-)

Wayde