free will is another (huge) point of discussion

----- Original Message -----
From: lauf-s
Subject: Re: that result can be an invention...

I think you are really beginning to confuse the issue here, Patrick.

A 'planned calendrical coincidence' is more or less an oxymoron.
a calendar is not a planification, just a sort of organisation of some repeated events.
planning can be done using a calendar.

for example
I know someone that wanted their child born on the vernal equinox, thus conception was done 9 months prior. This 'predestination' plan did not work out, however.
I woudn't call that predestination. just preconception... if not , actually, anticonception... :-)

I was born on the vernal equinox, and my parent's wedding anniversary happens to be 9 months prior, the summer solstice. All completely coincidental.
And you know the birth of humans are not exactly 9 months after a sexual intercourse ( so the 9 months planning, if happening, would be a real incidence, not a co-incidence. an event not previsible but coming/happening incidently)

So if a child is born exactly 9 months after his conception it's a pure chance, hasard in the french, or the desire of a gynecologist planning his own week end and inducing friday night the birth exactly after 9months of pregnancy. or just a casuality.
and anyways the preganncy is supposed to be during 10 moons, not 9 months...
So the coincidence you describe is a pure aleatory combination of unrelated events eventually happening together, the same day, at the same hour, in the same place, just as a pair of vehicles have an accident on some highway together, the same day, at the same hour, in the same place, a.s.o

Was my older brother then predestined to have a near fatal auto accident and lateral brain lobotomy also on the vernal equinox in the same hospital where I was born? No, but nonetheless, this calendrical coincidence did occur

until there i accept your point.
even if you could analyze here the fact that such accident could have happened on a same calendar day for you and not for him if he was living behind or before the dayline in the pacific ocean, but i already hear you showing my confusion , again...
A calendar day is just a kind of reference, not an excuse or cause for some event to happen. If two event shappen on the same day, any body or any one can make his personal conclusions about the accidence, coincidence, presence of facts surrounding such event. If you would add the hour of those days at wich happened those events, as an eventually perfect match, the point would stay the same. Interesting, but just as much as when a news presentator enumerates the names of the movie celebrities born on the same day, or dead during the last year at the last Oscar awards night.

but later , from " and thus offered me the opportunity to witness and even participate within a reenactment of my parent's anxiously driving to the hospital early in the morning on the vernal equinox."
that kind of driving and reenactment has nothing to do with the prior event of your birthdate, as it could have been reenacted in any other circumstances, eventually not so tragic. You could eventually reenact such anxiuos driving when looking for cigarettes or gasoline for some Chevy, alone in a Bronx or Philadelphia black suburb at 3,30 am in the winter snow....

Do I now consider my older brother also my lobotomized schizophrenic twin? I certainly can if I want to.
Just as anybody can consider any schizo or paranoiac or depressed or hyperactive or normal (?) person as his brother, twin brother, sister or compadre...be those born the same day, having had experiences the same day , having seen a movie together or taking a beer.... it's only a question of choice and therefore decision.

I'm into (playing) augury, but not predestination (because I believe completely in free will).

do you really believe let's say the Antiques including their emperors acted freewillingly after listening to the Augures or the Delphian Pythie ?
and the free will is another (huge) point of discussion...
genetically some of us have inherited some predestination ( prostate cancer for black people f.i....) but they have the freedom to choose a way to avoid the fatal events...

I like keeping an eye out for signs.

( take care of any eye if you ride fast in a convertible or on an Harley, or use protective lenses) (:-)

your last sentence just remembers me the discussion here about visual impact of moving things.
Or when we ourselves are looking through the window of a train moving near some fixed objects or fields near the railroad.

P.

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...